Our Harcourt Logo
– Lower case letters are warmer and friendlier and reach out to the community. Capital letters are more remote and speak as “the authority” and signify “corporate”.
– The Logo is perceived as simple and contemporary.
- Provides continuity from the previous logo.
- Echoes our A frame window in the sanctuary.
- Has a cross (representational) in it.
- The symbolism of three sides of the triangle can be seen in many different ways by the church community (trinity, seek/connect/act, …).
- The colours, which are repeated in the website portals, are representational.
-There are more than 30 different versions of the Logo: with and without colour, with and without tag lines; and forms which are suited to different needs for the Logo.
Our Harcourt Logo Colours
Red: love, passion, desire, power, strength, fire (think Pentecost), courage, determination.
Orange: combines the energy or red and the happiness of yellow. It is associated with joy, sunshine and the tropics. Orange represents enthusiasm, fascination, happiness, creativity, determination, attraction, success, encouragement, and stimulation.
Green: Is the colour of nature. It symbolises growth, harmony, freshness and fertility. Green has strong emotional correspondence with safety. It has great healing power and suggests stability and endurance.
Gray: represents intellect, knowledge, security, long-lasting, sleek, professional, mature, refined, dignified, classic, conservative, contemporary, a colour of compromise, and the ability to be neutral and inconspicuous. It is the stable base from which the new and positive can come. A person whose favourite colour is gray, will need to create balance in all areas of their life, to be respected for who they are and to find a place in the world with a deep feeling of belonging.
Our Harcourt Tag Line: Seek – Connect – Act
-The tag line words, are empathic with millennials who may never come to church, but seek to connect with activities they wish to be involved with and act within that activity. Seek is a word that they use.
-Having a tag line with the Logo adds to the expression of meaning of Harcourt especially in “official” communication.
-The words fit the work of the congregation. A person may be involved in all or any of the expression that each word has for them.
Communication Committee Contact :
Joan Barham, firstname.lastname@example.org; 519 836 0433